Cherry Pie Cookies
These Cherry Pie Cookies are so wonderfully delicious with a flaky crust you will love! It’s just like eating a piece of your favorite pie. Make your favorite kind of pie by using your favorite preserves. Your friends are going to love these cookies – make plenty!
Prep Time: 30 Minutes
Baking Time: 22-25 Minutes
Makes 2 1/2 Dozen Cookies
CHERRY PIE COOKIES RECIPE
- 1 Cup Butter
- 1 - 8 ounce Pkg Cream Cheese
- 1 Tsp Almond Extract
- 2 Cups Flour
- 1/2 Cup Cherry Preserves
- 2 Large Egg Whites
- 3/4 Cup Powdered Sugar
- 1 - 2 Tbls Milk
- 1/4 Cup Almonds, Sliced
- 1/4 Tsp Almond Extract
- In a large bowl beat the butter and cream cheese until smooth.
- Beat in 1 tsp almond extract until combined.
- Beat in flour until the dough comes together.
- Divide dough in half, cover and chill dough for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 330°.
- On a lightly floured surface roll half the dough at a time to about 1/8 inch thick.
- Using a 3 inch scalloped cookie cutter, cut out dough.
- Place rounds onto parchment lined cookie sheets.
- Spoon 1/2 tsp cherry preserves in the center of each round.
- Fold dough rounds in half, enclosing preserves; press edges to seal.
- Whisk egg whites until frothy, brush cookies lightly with the egg whites.
- Bake 23-25 minutes until lightly browned.
- Let cool on cookie sheets for 2-3 minutes then transfer to cooling rack to cool completely.
- In a small bowl whisk together powdered sugar, 1/2 tsp almond extract and enough milk to make the icing a drizzling consistency.
- Brush or drizzle cookies with icing, sprinkle with sliced almonds.
- After icing has set - layer cookies between sheets of waxed paper in an airtight container.
- Store at room temperature for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
Make sure to make a double batch of these Cherry Pie Cookies and mix up the preserves that way everyone will have their favorite. These cookies really do taste like the best homemade pie. Your family and friends will be asking for this recipe so make plenty of copies. Enjoy!